Carpenter Community Report
Cheyenne is the capital city and commercial center for the state of Wyoming. As the gateway from the Great Plains from the advent of the transcontinental railroad, it still serves as a major ground transportation and agricultural center. The functional and attractive downtown core has a well preserved historic Western feel.
Carpenter is just minutes southeast of Cheyenne in the Zip Code 82054 and as of the 2010 census has a population of about 90+ people. In 1910, 50 people called Carpenter home. In fact, Carpenter is one of those types of towns if you blink going through it you may just miss it. The entire area of Carpenter is only about 148 acres.
Carpenter compared to Wyoming state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher significantly below state average.